Sunday, June 1, 2014

KKPsi Alumnus-at-Large Introduction

Greetings, Alumni!

I'm Maggie Greenwood, and this year I will be serving you as the Midwest District Alumni Association Alumnus-at-Large for Kappa Kappa Psi.  I had the pleasure of working with the alumni last year as VPSP and am looking forward to all the exciting things this new year and new position have to offer.

For those of you I don't yet know, here's a bit about me:  I'm a Life Member of the Epsilon Psi chapter at Missouri State University where I had the opportunity to serve as chapter Treasurer for one term; additionally, I was Midwest District President during the 2010-2011 academic year.  During my graduate studies at the University of North Texas, I had the opportunity to get to know the Southwest District where I became an Honorary Member.  I moved back to the Midwest in 2013 when I moved to Denver.  It has been an excellent year back home, and I look forward to many more!

This year, I would like to focus even more on our social and professional network as alumni.  We have the opportunity to help each other as Brothers, Sisters, and professionals, so this year we will be planning more social events throughout the district to help connect us.  This month, there will be a Royals' baseball game in Kansas City (details to come), and in July we will be gathering for Drums Along the Rockies (details below).  We are also planning for things like Oktoberfest and appearances at district events like District Days and Convention.  At each of these events, we hope you will join us and get to know one another as well as taking advantage of the opportunity for professional networking (engineers talking to other engineers, teachers talking to other teachers, etc.)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or any member of the Alumni Council.

ITB,
Maggie

Drums Along the Rockies
When: Saturday, July 12, 2014
Time: gates open at 5pm, show begins at 6:30
Where: Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Cost: tickets vary throughout the stadium, but we are suggesting group members buy tickets in the $35 area of section 105 (a nearly central and slightly elevated section of the stadium).  Parking in the stadium lots will be $10.  Tickets can be purchased by going to the following link:

http://ascendevents.bknights.org/PurchaseTickets.aspx


Plan:  meet at The Original Brooklyn’s (2644 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204) around 4:30pm for pre-show drinks, food, and socializing.  At about 6pm, we will head to the stadium for the show.  Anyone who is interested can meet back at Brooklyn’s after the show for more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment